Simple Low Fat Cooking Styles and Healthy Dinner Recipes
Losing weight always remains a fight for many people and if you fall under the same category then you would understand; dieting is not the only solution. In fact, dieting is considered to be really bad for health and have plenty of ill effects on it. So what we can do?
Today, we have a hectic lifestyle and balancing life in between professional and personal life is a task. In all this, taking time for exercise is quite impossible. So, how we can control that increasing weight of ours? Firstly one need to understand that exercise is important even just half an hour walk can help. After this, you can control over the food intake by shifting to the healthier options and changing the cooking methods by opting the low fat cooking styles. There are plenty of dinner recipes which can be made with low fat cooking style, it’s healthy plus its less in calories too.
In today’s post, we will discuss some easy low calorie cooking techniques and a simple dinner recipe which is healthy not deep-fried or made from any unhealthy methods. From simple and easy Fish Sandwich with Pineapple Slaw to other fish recipes; we will share 3 easy dinner recipes that you can try in weekday or weekend. We know that, Fish is rich in protein and its fat contents are negligible, it’s rich in amino acids and omega-3 fatty acids which are really good for our health and body development.
Anyhow let’s talk about some low fat cooking techniques –
- Avoid deep frying; instead go for shallow frying, baking or broiling, or even steaming. The less you intake oil, the less you consume fat. Go for healthy options of oils like canola, olive oil etc. which absorbs less in our body.
- Replace unhealthy options with some healthier substitutes – Go for Greek yogurt in a recipe if it requires mayonnaise. Use old cheese or aged cheese compared to the mild ones. Old cheese got strong flavors hence, you use less cheese in the recipe, cheese like cheddar, parmesan etc. Use of honey or molasses instead of sugar, use of mashed cottage cheese with milk to have a cream like consistency instead of sour cream and many more. There are so many healthy replacement for high calorie foods.
- Opt for Roasted Vegetables – Roasted vegetables like sweet potatoes, broccoli, carrots, asparagus, eggplants and zucchini etc. are good for health. Roasted vegetables are always better than the fried versions.
- Opt for one bowl meal or salads. Salads are healthy and plus if you have salads like chicken salads with fruits and vegetables which replaces the whole meal then this could be the healthiest alternative. In salad, dressings are important; opt for vinaigrette dressings than to those creamy ones. Always use yogurts instead of mayonnaise.
Such simple replacements can make life easier and you can easily go for these low fat cooking for dinner recipes, there are plenty of recipes that one can try. Personally I like Fish Sandwich with Pineapple Slaw. I am also sharing 2 more recipes that you can try for such less-calorie options –
- Fish Sandwich with Pineapple Slaw – In this recipe, fish is not deep fried. And that zingy taste of pineapple and coleslaw gives that perfect taste to this recipe. Click Here, for the recipe.
- Lemonly Roasted Salmon with Potatoes and Kale – This is a super easy dinner recipe that one can try and you can have this on any busy weekday. Roasted salmon, potato and kale goes amazingly well with tangy lemonly flavors. Click Here, to get the recipe.
- Lemon Garlic Tilapia – Tilapia is economic and plus is good for your waistline too. It’s a must try recipe if you are looking for some healthy alternatives. Click Here, to get the recipe.
I hope you will like these simple dinner recipes and the tips shared are helpful to you. Remember, keep one physical activity in your life whether it’s walking, jogging, cycling or dancing. It could be anything whatsoever you like. Enjoy your life, keep smiling and stay healthy!