This month I signed up to blog every day for National Blog Posting Month on the site Blogher.com. The theme for the month has been "Self", and while I have to say that I only followed the prompts a handful (or less) of the time, I really enjoyed posting and reading the blogs this month.
I found out that I really don't like following a prompt for my blog, at least the ones that were given for this month. I found that they were too simple, or, funnily, too hard to write about. So I ended up winging it and just writing what I felt. And it was a good experience. I was lucky to have one of my blogs published on the main page of Blogher.com, and I can't believe it has had over 1600 reads already. I love sharing my blog with people, and I know I have a string of devoted readers who I really appreciate. I am happy if I get 30 to 50 people reading a blog post, so 1600 just blows me away.
For tonight's post, I thought I would share some of the bloggers I have discovered because of NaBloPoMo and Blogher.com. These guys have kept me entertained and interested for the past month:
- Killing Superwoman - I really identify with CJ Poindexter, the author of this blog. This particular blog post stands out in my mind. It is a very sweet story about how her son reacted when he found out 1) Michael Jackson was a real person, and 2) that he had died. It's just a super sweet story. I recommend reading her other posts, too.
- Lupus Sisters - I really liked this blog post about being a recovering perfectionist because it talks about the vulnerability in writing a blog about your personal life. It really spoke to me.
- Alphabet Salad - There were a few posts that stand out to me from this blog. Occasionally she would post 100 word short stories. I really like these. Also, she introduced me to a new kind of doodling called Tangling. Check it out. Pretty fun.
- Moving On - Another blogger I just felt like I could relate to instantly. But this is by far my favorite story. It is all about her interesting and super quirky and bizarre visits with a new therapist.
- mother of nine9 - This blogger is pretty darn cool. She is raising 9 children and living on a farm and has fabulous insights. This post is about how you can really connect with a baby's soul. You should also check out this post titled The Mystery of the Butterfly.
- Winnie's Inky Fingers - She makes homemade cards and posts about them. I thought this chocolate chip cookie one was cute.
This is definitely not a complete list of all the cool blogs I have encountered recently, but these are a few that stuck out.
It has been a fun journey this month. I think next month I am going to jump from NaBloPoMo to the A to Z challenge. I will be blogging about a different topic every day, based on a different letter of the alphabet. Tomorrow is A. I guess I should start thinking about it. :)