Skinny Spinach Artichoke Dip
By ToptoBottom on November 06, 2013
We love going to parties, especially at our friends’ homes for special holidays. Last night, we were invited to a friend’s house for Halloween. I decided to try to make one of my favorite recipes, healthy. I made spinach and artichoke dip but without the cream cheese or sour cream. I used pureed white beans to mask the creaminess that you get from it’s fattening counter parts. It turned out so good that my father who was not going to try it because I told him about the beans, tried it and really liked it. He is a connoisseur of all of the naughty foods, so I knew it was good.
It is important to try to make things healthier, so you don’t have to feel guilty eating. Also, try to be careful of all of the cholesterol and fat that is in the food you eat. It is not just about your waistline but you need to be conscious of your overall health. We hope you like this recipe as much as we did!
Skinny Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Write a review
- 1/4 cup grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup canola or olive oil reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can organic white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can baby artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place Romano cheese, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, black pepper, red pepper, minced garlic, and white beans in a food processor, and process until smooth. Spoon into a medium bowl. Stir in the artichokes and spinach. Spoon the mixture into a 1-quart glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly and brown.
- Serve with Carrot sticks, celery sticks, Baked Tostitos, Multigrain Tortilla chips, etc.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
UPDATE: Human Trafficking Hits Close to Home For One Blogger: 14-Year-Old Jewel Fitzgerald Has Been Found
Mary Kay® is the Official Beauty Sponsor of the 50th Annual Academy of Country Music® Awards, which air on Sunday, April 19, 2015, at 8/7c on CBS. To celebrate, celebrity makeup artist, Moani Lee created three stunning country music-inspired looks that our bloggers had a wonderful time recreating. Read our bloggers' posts and get a chance to win a Mary Kay gift pack! Read more