Skinny Vegan Oat-Berry Cookies (130 Calories)
By - on April 08, 2011
These cookies happen to be one of my favorite recipes of cookies, because I used no Earth Balance, no Ener-G Egg Replacer, no corn starch and a lot less sugar that I'm used to using in cookies. These are high in fiber due to the steel cut oats and banana, and have a light sweet taste accented by the cranberries. They are perfect for the mid-afternoon sweet tooth, and at 130 calories a piece, they are not horrible calorie-wise - especially considering they only have 2 grams of fat (coconut oil, which is actually very good for you).
- 1 medium Banana, mashed
- 2 C. Oat Flour
- 3/4 C. Steel Cut Oats
- .4C Raw Sugar
- 1/3 C. Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 T. Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/3 C.
- Dried Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Add 1st 5 ingredients to a large bowl and mix until incorporated. Add the rest of the ingredients
- Shape into ping-pong ball sized spheres and place on greased (with coconut oil preferably) cookie sheet and place in oven, setting timer to 5 minutes
- When the timer goes off, pull out cookie sheet and press the spheres down with a spoon to make slightly flattened spheres.
- Putting timer at 7 minutes, place cookie sheet back in oven.
- Eat with a glass of cold Almond Milk! Delicious.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer