Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
By A Southern Soul on October 26, 2012
This is a repost from about a year ago but it's worth another visit!
In honor of the Lexington BBQ Festival that's being held this weekend, I thought it would be appropriate to cook a little pig. The official name of this recipe is called "Pulled Pork" but around here we just say BBQ. I developed this recipe several years ago when I needed a main dish that took very little effort and could feed a lot of people. I've dished up this BBQ as a sandwich, as sliders and as a "meat with 2 sides". It really doesn't matter how you serve it - just do it! Every time I make this goodness I receive RAVE REVIEWS from the family and from friends! So, get your pig on....you'll be happy you did
3 T. paprika
1 T. each - garlic powder, brown sugar, dry mustard
3 T. coarse salt
Making the BBQ
- 1 (5 to 7 lb) pork roast/Boston butt.
- 1 large onion cut into thick slices, these are just for flavor.
- Mix all dry rub ingredients together in a bowl.
- Rub the "rub" all over the pork roast.
- Cover and put in the fridge for an hour but preferably overnight.
- Lightly coat Slow Cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Line bottom of cooker with the onion slices and place the roast on top.
- Set to cook on HIGH for 6 hours.
- Remove pork (leave the onions in the pot) from cooker and using 2 forks, shred the meat.
Top with your favorite BBQ sauce, slaw, pickled onions or whatever else you like. Get a napkin, some sweet tea and enjoy.
More Like This
Recent Posts by A Southern Soul
Most Popular on BlogHer
There’s no better vehicle to bring the family together than the Chevy Traverse. It’s the ultimate family vehicle, and the inspiration behind the tales that these bloggers are sharing about those special moments spent with their families. Check out the posts to see just how different, and, in many ways, the same, family time is nowadays as compared to when the bloggers were younger. Read more
Most Popular on Food
Tyson Fresh Chicken Reviews
With a little help from Tyson Fresh Chicken, bloggers share their favorite chicken recipes for mealtime with the family. Read their posts and enter for a chance to win a kitchen goods gift basket!