Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
By A Southern Soul on October 26, 2012
This is a repost from about a year ago but it's worth another visit!
In honor of the Lexington BBQ Festival that's being held this weekend, I thought it would be appropriate to cook a little pig. The official name of this recipe is called "Pulled Pork" but around here we just say BBQ. I developed this recipe several years ago when I needed a main dish that took very little effort and could feed a lot of people. I've dished up this BBQ as a sandwich, as sliders and as a "meat with 2 sides". It really doesn't matter how you serve it - just do it! Every time I make this goodness I receive RAVE REVIEWS from the family and from friends! So, get your pig on....you'll be happy you did
3 T. paprika
1 T. each - garlic powder, brown sugar, dry mustard
3 T. coarse salt
Making the BBQ
- 1 (5 to 7 lb) pork roast/Boston butt.
- 1 large onion cut into thick slices, these are just for flavor.
- Mix all dry rub ingredients together in a bowl.
- Rub the "rub" all over the pork roast.
- Cover and put in the fridge for an hour but preferably overnight.
- Lightly coat Slow Cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Line bottom of cooker with the onion slices and place the roast on top.
- Set to cook on HIGH for 6 hours.
- Remove pork (leave the onions in the pot) from cooker and using 2 forks, shred the meat.
Top with your favorite BBQ sauce, slaw, pickled onions or whatever else you like. Get a napkin, some sweet tea and enjoy.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Save time, money and space with the FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System! AND it keeps food fresh up to 5x longer! Read our bloggers' experiences with the FoodSaver® System and see why you should get one for your home. Plus get a chance to win $100 Visa gift card! Read more
Most Popular on Food
Success Rice Farms Reviews & Giveaways
Success® Rice is the ORIGINAL no mess, no measure boil-in-bag rice that cooks perfectly every time and is ready in 10 minutes. Read our bloggers' posts and see how they make hearty meals by adding Success® Rice into their favorite recipes plus get a chance to win $100.