By Jessica Dimas on August 25, 2011
Disclaimer: I don't think these taste like S'mores; I think they could be better described as chocolate chip cupcakes. They're so good though...my dad came over and ate 5 LOL! So while I was initially disappointed, by the time I had devoured them all, I realized that these were bomb nonetheless. They're very soft and moist and the marshmellow topping is the perfect amount of sweet.
· ½ cups Butter, Softened
· 1 cup Granulated Sugar
· 3 whole Eggs
· 1 cup All-purpose Flour
· 1-½ cup Graham Cracker Crumbs (finely Crushed)
· 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
· 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
· ¼ teaspoons Salt
· 1 cup Milk
· 1 bag Mini Milk Chocolate Chips (12 Oz Bag)
· 1-¾ cup Granulated Sugar
· ⅛ teaspoons Salt
· ½ cups Water
· 3 whole Egg Whites
· 12 whole Marshmallows Cut Up
Preheat oven to 350
1. Cream butter and 1 cup sugar
2. Add whole eggs, beating in one at a time
3. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, baking powder, and 1/4 tsp. salt.
4. Alternate adding sifted dry ingredients and milk to butter/sugar mixture – starting and ending with dry ingredients. Be careful not to overmix!
5. Stir in chocolate chips
6. Divide batter into cupcake tins lined with paper liners (or greased and floured) – makes 24 regular-sized cupcakes
7. Bake for 15-18 minutes at 350 degrees. Cupcakes are done when a toothpick test comes out just barely clean (a few crumbs is desirable – just not wet)
Once cupcakes have cooled, make frosting
Toasted Marshmallow Frosting
1. Cook 1 3/4 cups sugar, 1/8 tsp salt, and water to firm ball stage (245-250 degrees F)
2. While the above is cooking, beat 3 egg whites until stiff in mixer
3. With mixer running, pour in sugar syrup in a thin, steady stream
4. Drop in marshmallow halves and beat till melted and incorporated.
5. Frost cupcakes as desired
6. Brown the frosting as desired with a kitchen torch (or use the broiler on high – but watch very, very carefully!) Be extra careful with the torch if you used paper liners!
More Like This
Recent Posts by Jessica Dimas
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Food
By Kalyn Denny