Snake birthday cake
By mommaowls on April 19, 2013
For my son’s 5th birthday, he wanted a snake-themed birthday party. We visited our local nature center and got to pet a live snake! Yikes!
For the birthday cake, I used this recipe from Family Fun. It was super easy!
You will need:
- 2 baked ring or Bundt cakes (I used a Bundt pan)
- 2 cans of vanilla frosting
- Green food coloring or green icing color (found in craft store in baking aisle)
- Yellow M&M’s
- 2 brown M&M’s
- Red Fruit Roll-up, cut into the shape of a tongue
1. Cut your two cakes in half and arrange them in a snake-like pattern (see Family Fun’s photo below). Put frosting in between sections so that the cake pieces will stick together.
2. Carve some of the cake to form a nose. Then frost the entire cake with green frosting.
3. Use the 2 brown M&M’s for eyes. Place the red tongue underneath the snake’s mouth.
4. Place yellow M&M’s (or any round candies) on the snake to make “spots.”
Amber Tincher and Amy Leckrone
Co-founders Camp Mommawatchi
More Like This
Recent Posts by mommaowls
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Family
Because Adoption, Because Attention Deficit Disorder, Because Absolutely Everything, Because Nothing
By Lara Capuano
Recent Comments on Family