By emilysteers on January 24, 2012
Clearly, visitors to The Happy Home have noticed that I'm on a brownie kick right now. The Mint Swirl brownies were absolutely fabulous, so were the Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting. But what if you *gasp*-- don't like chocolate?
I've only made blondies once before-- I made the ABC Chardonnay Blondies. But these? These are heavenly. I picked up the snickerdoodle blondie recipe from the Brown Eyed Baker. I didn't plan on altering the recipe that much, but it turns out I forgot the vanilla when making the batter. That being said, they were delish without the vanilla!
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350*. Grease (or use parchment) in a 9x13" pan. I used an 8x8" to make thicker blondies, which I wouldn't really recommend, actually. The sides puffed up and cooked faster than the middle, which led to a bit of a center crater. Whoops. (Don't worry, they weren't burnt-- the center just fell in. Perfectly tasty.)
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. In the bowl of your stand mixer (or in a bowl with your hand mixer) blend your butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Then, add the eggs. On a low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients. Once blended, scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure that everything is blended in.
- Spread into your greased pan, then sprinkle a mixture of cinnamon and sugar on top. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 2" from the sides comes out mostly clean.
More Like This
Recent Posts by emilysteers
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Melissa Ford