Inside the Temple of Love

BlogHer Network
From Art School Glasses. The Temple of Love was built in the gardens of Trianon in 1778 to commemorate the full consummation of the marriage of Louis XVI and Marie-Antoinette. The statue of Cupid carving a bow from the club of Hercules is symbolic of the success of the Austrian alliance, sealed by the nuptials of Louis and Antoinette. . . .

Read more from Inside the Temple of Love at Tea at Trianon

Menu