Some fond memories about the 'young king' (literally) of music
By soumyark on August 24, 2014
1. I grew up listening to him and he played a significant part in shaping up my musical tastes.
2. When we got our first tape recorder in our home, we played his song first and since then every audio equipment that we bought had gone through a similar process.
3. I was born in the 80s and the very first Raja song I heard (if my memory serves me right) was 'Thooliyilae' from Chinna Thambi, which still happens to be one of my all time favorite songs.
4. My 'chithappa' (dad's younger brother) introduced me to Raja's music when I was a kid and I'm extremely thankful to him for doing that.
5. I have always thought (sometimes, I still think) that the raagas Mayamalavagowla andKeeravani were meant for his compositions. Ilayaraja must have milked out the essence of both the modes till the very last drop.
6. I covered one of his compositions which was liked by many. The song is 'Kaatril Varum Geethame' from the Tamil movie, Oru Naal Oru Kanavu composed in the raaga, Kalyani. Check it out.
What are some of your memories about Ilayaraja and his music? Did his music influence you in any way?
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Mom has a lot to check off her list this Summer, and Kellogg's cereal can help her get it done. How will you make the most of your Summer? Check out our blog posts as we share with you inspirational ideas for celebrating the moments of magic that will happen during this activity-filled time of year! PLUS enter for a chance to win as $100 Walmart gift card! Read more