Sour cream pound cake
By Lea Ann on May 15, 2012
You will need:
1/2 pint of sour cream
2 sticks of butter
1/4 tsp. baking soda
3 cups flour
3 cups sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Seperate eggs (whites from yolks).
- Beats egg whites with mixer and set aside (keep yolks).
- In large bowl, cream together 2 sticks butter, egg yolks, 3 cups sugar, 1 tbsp. vanilla, and 1/4 tsp. baking soda.
- Alternate sour cream and flour, adding to mixture. I added 1 spoon sour cream, 1 cup flour, mixed together with spoon, repeat.
- Fold in egg whites last.
- Pour into sprayed round bundt cake pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 & 1/2 hours.
- Turn out of pan immediately.
This was my first pound cake to make. I was so proud, it turned out wonderful. It tastes great and turned out beautiful. Of course, this is one of my Grandmother’s great recipes. Love it!