SPD: Side-Bun Updo
By Kaliwood on February 21, 2013
Welcome to today's "Saw it. Pinned it. Did it." Today's Pin: A Side-Bun Updo
I liked this updo, but wanted something I could do quickly and not have to worry about it being perfect, so I did a little casual, hassle-free version of it.
- Use a 2" barrel curling iron to curl the ends of your hair all the way around.
- Comb it out with a pick to loosen curls. Hairspray.
- Tease at the crown so you get some volume on top and don't have the slicked back look.
- Gather into a pony on the side of your head just below and behind the ear. Leave out front piece on that side.
- Instead of taking a piece, curling it around and pinning, I took pieces and let them fall as they wanted to, then pinned them. This makes it look more random and "messy" than the original pin.
- Keep taking and pinning pieces until they are all secure.
- Hairspray. Pin any loose areas. Hairspray.
- Twist back the front pieces and pin.
My casual version:
More Like This
Recent Posts by Kaliwood
Most Popular on BlogHer
Mary Kay® Global Makeup Artist Luis Casco, created 2 stunning looks featured on Project Runway. Our bloggers had a wonderful time recreating the Sculpted Look where the focus is on the lips and the brow and the Bronze Glow look where the focus is on the eyes and cheeks. Read our bloggers' posts and see how they recreated these looks plus get a chance to win a Mary Kay® prize pack! Read more