SPD: Side-Bun Updo
By Kaliwood on February 21, 2013
Welcome to today's "Saw it. Pinned it. Did it." Today's Pin: A Side-Bun Updo
I liked this updo, but wanted something I could do quickly and not have to worry about it being perfect, so I did a little casual, hassle-free version of it.
- Use a 2" barrel curling iron to curl the ends of your hair all the way around.
- Comb it out with a pick to loosen curls. Hairspray.
- Tease at the crown so you get some volume on top and don't have the slicked back look.
- Gather into a pony on the side of your head just below and behind the ear. Leave out front piece on that side.
- Instead of taking a piece, curling it around and pinning, I took pieces and let them fall as they wanted to, then pinned them. This makes it look more random and "messy" than the original pin.
- Keep taking and pinning pieces until they are all secure.
- Hairspray. Pin any loose areas. Hairspray.
- Twist back the front pieces and pin.
My casual version:
More Like This
Recent Posts by Kaliwood
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Style
Recent Comments on Style