Spinach Salad with Warm Maple Dressing
By kayla3259 on February 21, 2014
I found this awesme Recipe on www.thedoctorsworkout.com! I love spinach and the warm maple dressing is seriously to die for!!
A perfect fall/winter salad with fresh apples, baby spinach and a warm maple mustard dressing. I enjoy great salads any time of year, but I do like to switch up the recipe based on what is in season. During the colder seasons I make warm salad dressings and use heartier ingredients. The sweet maple syrup is a wonderful contrast to the vinegar and grainy mustard! YUM. This salad is perfect with pork tenderloin or a mustard roasted fish!
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1 apple, cored and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup smoked Gouda cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Whole Grain Mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Toast walnuts in a small dry skillet over low heat, stirring often, until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
- Plate 2 cups of spinach per serving. Next layer with sliced apple, walnuts and Gouda cheese.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3-4 minutes. Add vinegar, mustard and maple syrup and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Immediately drizzle dressing over salads and serve.