Spinach Turkey Meatballs
By ruthiehart1 on September 09, 2012
Featured Member Post
Another "thank God for Pinterest" recipe for you today. I think I've said it before, I am not the biggest Italian food fan but sometimes you just crave spaghetti and meatballs right? I try to use mostly ground turkey and keep our meals relatively healthy (I said relative okay?!) and these meatballs do just the trick! We had lots of leftovers that were easy to pop in the microwave for lunch or take to work.
1 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1lb ground turkey
1 egg beaten
1 cup bread crumbs (I had Panko in the pantry, but Italian would be delicious)
3 tbsp chopped onion
1 tsp seasoned salt
Your favorite Italian pasta and sauce
- In a bowl, combine spinach, egg, bread crumbs, onion and seasoned salt.
- Add turkey and mix well.
- Form into whatever sized meatballs you'd like. I opted for 10 pool-ball-sized meatballs.
- Place in a greased baking dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Serve with your favorite Italian pasta and sauce.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Cooking for Health
You Asked; I’m Answering! My Recommendations to Replace the Plastic Items You’re Afraid You Can’t Live Without.
Recent Comments on Cooking for Health