Spring Organizing Challenge: Day 1
Before you can tackle your Spring Cleaning you must first get your Spring Flinging done, or as I like to call it "Spring Green Fling", because I want you to be green as you are getting rid of the items that no longer are going to be in your home. I am going to challenge my readers and followers on facebook to join me as we get organized before we start our Spring Cleaning. This challenge will last 10 days and will close at midnight CST on March 30, 2011. I even have a prize at the end of the challenge. The winner will receive one hour of my organizing services. Don't live by me, no worries as we can chat on the phone or via Skype or even do your organizing through email.
To be entered in the challenge you need to post a comment on my blog or post a comment on my facebook page. Each comment you get one point. Each point will enter you in the drawing for the free organizing hour. Invite your friends and family to join and tell me you invited them and you will get 2 points! For example if you get 50 points, you get 50 chances to win!
For today's challenge: Look through items that are in boxes that you have not opened in the past 6 months to 1 year.
- Maybe you moved into a house 3 years ago and you still have boxes that have not been unpacked (old dishes or bedding could be in these boxes and they can be taken to a second hand store).
- Maybe your "baby" is 11 years old and you still have a couple of boxes of baby clothes that you have not been able to part with (you can take these clothes to a consignment shop, donate to a second hand shop or donate to a charity that services children in need).
- Maybe you have boxes of your collection of "Martha Stewart" magazines (these can be donated to a library or recycled).
- Maybe you have a box of VHS tapes but you longer have a VHS player (these can be donated to a library or given to a second hand store).
- Maybe you have a box of your college text books (you can see if you sell these to a college bookstore but chances are you won't get any money. If the books have no value you could always tear out the pages and recycle the paper).
Let me know what you find in those boxes and how you plan on being green in your flinging them out of your home! I can not wait to hear about what you find!
Remember to share with your friends and family, as you know if you send this to your mother she will spam all her friends with this.....go ahead, they wont mind!
To Joyful, Simplified Living,
MS. Simplicity, also known as Melissa Schmalenberger operates her business as I Did it with MS. Simplicity. She is a Professional Organizer based out of Fargo, ND and her website can be found at www.ididit-fargo.com . Need to contact MS. Simplicity privately, you can email her at email@example.com. For daily organizing tips find the MS. Simplicity fan page here.
If you try any of my suggestions, I would love to hear from you. It helps me to understand what my readers want me to write about and what they think is a waste of their time….thanks for taking the time to help me out.