Sr. Research Engineer in LA
I am the community manager for Border Stylo. If you'd like to learn more about our company, check out our website.
- Writes code that meets specifications, typically for large and highly complex software programs and systems.
- Develops software applications and tools.
- Participates in software design.
- Implements activities that generally impact important components/processess of the work of own unit/team/projects.
- Typically assigned to important/complicated undertakings.
- Demonstrates proficiency in most areas of the Web-based applications and in-depth specialization in some.
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occure.
- Is developing design skills.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of the organization's current software applications and tools.
- Has in-depth knowledge of programming languages important to the organization and is proficient in C, C++, or Java.
- Knowledgeable about Linux-based systems.
- Familiarity with at least one "dynamic language," such as Ruby or Python.
- Familiarity with at least one functional programming language, such as Scheme or Haskell.
- Receives work in the form of short- and mid-term assignments that regularly require the application of independent judgment.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team.
- Work is subject to regulary supervisory review at defined milestones.
- Operates within the context of approved methods.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Position requires a minimum of 5 years of research engineering experience.
- Have server-side expertise in a language such as Ruby, Erlang or Python, in combination with expert-level skills in C/C++ or Java.
- Additional experience in other languages, especially Lisp, Scheme, or Haskell.
- Experience working with relational databases (ex: Postgres, MySQL), document databases (ex: CouchDB) or distributed hash-based solutions (ex: MongoDB, Cassandra, Tokyo Cabinet) is helpful.
Status: Full Time
If you are interested in applying, please send us your resume, a brief intro about yourself (personality, ideologies, hobbies), and your recent work history to firstname.lastname@example.org.