Stone Soup Mondays: Best Blog Posts from August 8th to August 15th
By Melissa Ford on August 15, 2011
BlogHer Original Post
Back again for another installment of Stone Soup Mondays, an open thread that collects the best things you read on the Web and compiles them in one space to extend the lifespan of a great blog post by two weeks. If you missed this series in the past, please click here to read more about the impulse behind the idea.
Before we get to a new pot of bloggy soup, let's revisit last week's posts for some second helpings.
- "Dear Gem -- Month 28"
- "The Days Pass"
- "Supporting Your Partner's Passion -- A Win-Win"
- "For Good!"
- "Breastfeeding -- Bringing Nursing Back"
- "A Little Like Labour"
- "I Will Not Take This For Granted"
- "Melon Banana Pop"
- "When Being a Little Kid Sucks"
- "Pay it Forward -- Artful Networking"
- "The Anniversary 'Scam'"
- "Garlic Bread 'A La Car'"
- "Why Our Parents Put Us to Shame"
The Current Thread
Want to participate?
I'll start it out each week by placing in the stone, a great post I read while I surfed from blog to blog. You'll add all the vegetables -- great posts you read -- in the comment section and people will be able to jump from post to post, reading and commenting.
This thread will remain open until Thursday and then next Monday, we'll start it all over again.
In addition to including a permalink to the blog post, please write a few sentences about what drew you to the writing in the first place.
Answers to Questions that Might be Bubbling in Your Mind
- Can I nominate a post from my own blog? Of course -- why not? We all write great posts and we should stand by our writing, proud of what we're putting into the blogosphere.
- Can I nominate only one blog post? No, if you read more than one fantastic blog post this week, please put in a link to more than one blog post. Just make sure you write a few sentences about each post.
- What if the blog post I liked was written by a man? Include it! We don't discriminate over here at BlogHer and we're always happy to read great posts by a BlogHim.
- I'm really shy and don't want to boast about this great post I wrote, but I want it on the thread. Then email it to me and I'll add it in. Or ask a friend to post about it for you.
Just to recap: each week, make sure you bookmark this open thread and check back regularly to find great posts to read. The thread remains open from Monday until Thursday. I'll always start it off with a great post I read and then open up the comment section so that you can add a link and a few sentences about a great post (or two) you read. Please make sure the post fits within the thread's timeline (this week: August 8th to August 15th).
The Stone (otherwise known as getting this pot of blog soup started):
Are You Kidding Me gives us 24-hours of what she hears as she makes her way through life, all the questions and statements salt on a very open wound. She manages to make you both laugh and cry in sympathy at the very same time.
To read more great posts written between August 8th to August 15th, please peruse the comment section below. And while you're reading these great posts, make sure you leave a comment to let the writer know that you agreed with the original sentiment that they wrote something thought-provoking, moving, or informative.
More Like This
Recent Posts by Melissa Ford
Most Popular on BlogHer
Nate Berkus brings his celebrated style to LG’s premium line of kitchen appliances. See how our bloggers incorporated this style with with just a few simple tweaks. Enter "My Kitchen Needs Nate" contest for a chance to win an ultimate dream kitchen. Read more
Most Popular on Blogging & Social Media
By Melissa Ford