Stone Soup Mondays: Best Blog Posts from June 13th to June 20th
By Melissa Ford on June 20, 2011
BlogHer Original Post
Back again for another installment of Stone Soup Mondays, an open thread that collects the best things you read on the Web and compiles them in one space to extend the lifespan of a great blog post by two weeks. If you missed this series in the past, please click here to read more about the impulse behind the idea.
Before we get to a new pot of bloggy soup, let's revisit last week's posts for some second helpings.
- H is for Holding Hands
- It Doesn't Matter
- Surviving Five Kids and a Massage
- I Wonder Why the Right to Get a Vasectomy Isn't a Political Issue
- Dirty Down There: the Selling of "Feminine" Products
- I Guess I'd Rather Hurt Than Feel Nothing at All
- All About Sexism
- More Salt
- My Life, in Seasons
- Post-Apocalyptic Sucker Fish
- Catching Fireflies
The Current Thread
Want to participate?
I'll start it out each week by placing in the stone, a great post I read while I surfed from blog to blog. You'll add all the vegetables -- great posts you read -- in the comment section and people will be able to jump from post to post, reading and commenting.
This thread will remain open until Thursday and then next Monday, we'll start it all over again.
In addition to including a permalink to the blog post, please write a few sentences about what drew you to the writing in the first place.
Answers to Questions that Might be Bubbling in Your Mind
- Can I nominate a post from my own blog? Of course -- why not? We all write great posts and we should stand by our writing, proud of what we're putting into the blogosphere.
- Can I nominate only one blog post? No, if you read more than one fantastic blog post this week, please put in a link to more than one blog post. Just make sure you write a few sentences about each post.
- What if the blog post I liked was written by a man? Include it! We don't discriminate over here at BlogHer and we're always happy to read great posts by a BlogHim.
- I'm really shy and don't want to boast about this great post I wrote, but I want it on the thread. Then email it to me and I'll add it in. Or ask a friend to post about it for you.
Just to recap: each week, make sure you bookmark this open thread and check back regularly to find great posts to read. The thread remains open from Monday until Thursday. I'll always start it off with a great post I read and then open up the comment section so that you can add a link and a few sentences about a great post (or two) you read. Please make sure the post fits within the thread's timeline (this week: June 13th to June 20th).
The Stone (otherwise known as getting this pot of blog soup started):
Too Many Fish to Fry has a post both asking if you listen to music while you write as well as explaining what music she listens to in order to feel inspired. It's a cool topic, and while I don't listen to music while I'm actually writing, I do listen to certain CDs to get in the proper mood. How about you?
To read more great posts written between June 13th and June 20th, please peruse the comment section below. And while you're reading these great posts, make sure you leave a comment to let the writer know that you agreed with the original sentiment that they wrote something thought-provoking, moving, or informative.
Photo Credit: Katerha.
More Like This
Recent Posts by Melissa Ford
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Blogging & Social Media
Recent Comments on Blogging & Social Media
By Laurel Regan