By mommaowls on February 28, 2013
Stormtrooper Cupcakes were submitted by Becky from Avon, IN.
To make your own you will need:
- Boxed cake mix in your favorite flavor
- Eggs (see cake mix ingredients)
- Oil (see cake mix ingredients)
- Cupcake liners
- White frosting
- Piping bag with a fancy tip
- Marshmallows, large
- Edible paint, black (found at Micheals in the cake decorating aisle)
- Small, thin paintbrush
- Sprinkles, black
What to do:
1. Bake cupcakes and cool. (Becky’s tip: “I used just a regular size cupcake pan and filled the cups more than 3/4 of the way full. Doing this allows the cupcakes to expand and create a nice sized base for decorating without using a larger cupcake pan.”)
2. Once cool, frost cupcakes using piping bag with a fancy tip.
3. Put on sprinkles after frosting.
For the storm troopers:
1. Try to choose the most uniform marshmallows or you can shape them back into their normal shape too by squeezing them a bit.
2. Paint a line all the way around the top 1/3 of the marshmallow. Add up-side-down triangles for the eyes. Then add a triangle with no base for the nose. Lastly, add four lines on either side near the bottom quarter. Place one on top of each cupcake.
Becky says, “I had so much fun with these and they are super easy!! I did these the night before, and noticed the next day by noon, the paint had bled and soaked a little bit into the marshmallow making the lines not quite as clean. It didn’t change the look too much, but my suggestion would be to do these the day of. I painted 15 marshmallows, baked the cupcakes and iced them. From start to finish it took about an hour.”
You can visit Becky’s blog at http://nothinggreaterthangrace.blogspot.com/
Amber Tincher and Amy Leckrone
Co-founders Camp Mommawatchi
More Like This
Recent Posts by mommaowls
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Lori Luna
Sparkling ICE is a bold flavored sparkling water that truly delivers on taste and contains just the right amount of fizz. Read our bloggers' posts and get more details on how you can enter the Flavor Face Off plus find out more about the delicious flavors that Sparkling ICE has to offer. Read more
Most Popular on Baking
Recent Comments on Baking
By Liz Rizzo