Strawberry Cantaloupe Smoothie
Happy two days before Valentine’s Day! When I was a kid, my mom was really good at holidays. We’d always have a special breakfast, and if the holiday fell on a school day, a special lunch…think all green lunch for St. Patrick’s Day, pink and red lunch for Valentine’s etc. We’d also have a full on holiday themed breakfast. Food dye colored pancakes formed into heart shapes with a variety of red fruits on top…the whole shebang.
Well, I don’t have that much time in the morning! So it will have to be a smoothie!
But it’s a delicious and healthy smoothie!!! And..it’s pink! Perfect for your rush out the door Valentines’ breakfast with your sweetie. Don’t worry…there will be time for a nice romantic dinner later!
Recipe: Strawberry Cantaloupe Smoothie
- 1 cup cantaloupe
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar or honey
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder *optional
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve with a straw and a strawberry!