[Strawberry creamsicles] Homemade summer treats - Fruit popsicles
By tennismama on June 14, 2012
My kids are (normally) allowed to have one dessert after dinner. I say it "a dessert", but in fact, it can be a lollipop or a scoop of ice cream. They are allowed to pick two small treats from their Halloween bag for the months of November and December. They can't even finish all the treats after two full months.
As the weather gets better and warmer, the boys start to ask for Ice cream.
They like homemade popsicles even more.
I like making homemade popsicles because I can control the amount of sugar and sweetness of the popsicles.
As the fruit popsicles are refreshing and fruity, it doesn't need much sugar.
Fruit popsicles are so easy to make and please crowds! I use the strawberries we picked and froze last year. There's not much left. It's time to go strawberry picking again! :)
Here goes the popsicle recipe I use often.
This is a great recipe since it's very yummy even without sugar!
1 Cup frozen strawberries (or any berries)
1/2 Cup Pure orange juice - Pulp free
1/2 Cup Vanilla yogurt
How to make:
1. Leave frozen strawberries at room temperature for 10-15 minutes to slightly thaw the fruit.
2. Place fruit, juice and yogurt in a blender or a food processor.
3. Pulse on and off a few times to blend, but do not puree to smooth consistency~
4. Pour into pop molds, filling to within 1/2 inch of top. (Leave a little room at the top of the molds because liquids swell as they freeze.)
5. Put sticks in place and stand up in tray.
6. Freeze until completely frozen, about 2-3 hours.
Maybe you already know, but let me tell you a tip to help popsicles slide out easily.
Simply run the mold under warm water for a few seconds
,and the frozen popsicle should slide right out! Both kids and grown-ups like it very much.
You can see more recipes and tips at Heavenly Palate blog ~
More Like This
Recent Posts by tennismama
Most Popular on BlogHer
In case you haven't heard a Oklahoma teen boy bragged about raping someone and no one is doing anything about it
Most Popular on Quick and Easy
Recent Comments on Quick and Easy