Summer Rolls, Spring Rolls & See through burritos
By taylormademarket on April 09, 2014
Summer rolls vs spring rolls - TYPICALLY Summer rolls are fresh & spring rolls are fried.
HOWEVER, just google spring roll, you will find hundreds of these "unfried spring rolls" called Vietnamese spring rolls aka summer rolls.
My youngest son calls these - "see through burritos".
My oldest son refers to them as something way to XXX-rated for this blog...
Whatever you choose to call them, these rolls are healthy & delicious.
So what is it? Basically fresh vegetables wrapped in rice paper which happens to be great for a refreshing appetizer or light lunch.
These are my youngest sons absolute favorite food and a guaranteed way I can get him to eat some veggies. WITHOUT COMPLAINING!!!
I serve these with a yummy peanut sauce.
Daniel: "Mom guess what this sauce is good on?"
and I totally agree. This sauce is so yummy!!!!
Traditionally these rolls are served with a light soy type dipping sauce or a sweet chili sauce.. The rice paper wrap is already so light & refreshing that I like it with a rich creamy sauce to compliment it. Serve it up however you like.
Spring Roll Stuffers - Asparagus, carrots, cucumber, cabbage, avocado, rice noodles, bean sprouts, cilantro, mint, lettuce, sweet colored peppers, shrimp, whatever you would like.
These are great for parties and can be made to fit all types of dietary needs. Raw, Vegan, Vegetarian & Gluten Free.
Summer Rolls, Spring Rolls & See through burritos with Thai Peanut Sauce
- Rice Paper Wrappers
- Veggie Fillings- Asparagus, carrots, cucumber, cabbage, avocado, rice noodles, bean sprouts, cilanto, mint, lettuce, sweet colored peppers, shrimp
- Thai Peanut sauce:
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp. thai red curry paste
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. peanut butter
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- Dip one rice paper in warm water until pliable but still firm.. DO NOT SOAK.
- Lay rice paper flat and fill with veggies. Roll the bottom and tuck in the sides. (Just like a burrito)
- For the sauce: In a small sauce pan heat sesame oil. Fry curry paste & sugar stirring 20 seconds. Add peanut butter, lime juice and coconut milk. Stir to combine. Heat through and serve with summer rolls.
More Like This
Recent Posts by taylormademarket
Most Popular on BlogHer
Lean Cuisine believes that women should be valued for their accomplishments as opposed to their weight/appearance. Lean Cuisine's new brand campaign Feed Your PhenomenalTM reflects its new brand purpose: to feed the greatness in every woman. Check out our bloggers' posts and see how they measure their true worth plus learn how you could win a $100. Read more
Most Popular on Cooking for Health
Recent Comments on Cooking for Health
By Kate Kerley