By Jerrilynn on August 16, 2013
I enter a lot of sweepstakes. A LOT. After doing this for quite a while, I've learned that a routine helps make the process much easier.
- Have an email address that you don't mind if it gets filled up with junk mail. Most sweeps require you to sign up for an email newsletter so it helps to have a separate address. That way your personal email doesn't get overwhelmed.
- Get an alternate phone number through Google Voice. This number will automatically go to your personal phone, but it allows you to keep your personal number private. If you don't answer the call, the voice mail is sent to your Gmail account.
- Set aside a specific time of day to enter your sweeps. Some contests require entries only every 24 hours and entering at the same time every day allows you to meet that requirement.
- Set up all the required accounts. You will need Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest at the minimum. Don't worry about active use, you can just use them for sweeps if you wish.
- Share the wealth. Some sweeps allow you to share the contest for extra entries. Do so! In addition, if you win something you can't use...pass it on! There is sure to be someone in your circle who would be thrilled with that prize.
These are a few tips to get you started! Let me know if I can help you in any way!
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Melissa Ford
Nate Berkus brings his celebrated style to LG’s premium line of kitchen appliances. See how our bloggers incorporated this style with with just a few simple tweaks. Enter "My Kitchen Needs Nate" contest for a chance to win an ultimate dream kitchen. Read more