Sweet and Sassy Crockpot Chicken Recipe
The following Sweet and Sassy Crockpot Chicken recipe is the most amazing dish I have ever tasted. The flavors are a cross between Bourbon Chicken and Sweet and Sour Chicken. This recipe is super easy to adapt. While it calls for a whole cut-up chicken, you can also use either bone-in or boneless chicken breasts, but will need to adjust the cooking time.
Before you start cooking Sweet and Sassy Crockpot Chicken, allow me to share a few tips with you.
* If you use chicken breasts, reduce the amount of brown sugar to between 1/2 and 3/4 cup.
* Reduce the cooking time by 75 percent by using breast meat cut into chunks. This method only requires a 2 hour cooking time over low heat.
* Last, but not least, you can also cook this recipe on the stovetop by using boneless chicken breasts cut into strips or chunks.
SWEET AND SASSY CROCKPOT CHICKEN RECIPE
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6-8 hours crockpot; 45 minutes stovetop
1 whole Chicken, cut-up
1 cup Brown Sugar, packed
2/3 cup Red Wine Vinegar
1/4 cup Lemon-Lime soda
4 Garlic cloves, minced
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon Black Pepper, freshly ground
2-3 Green Onions, sliced, optional
1. Wash and pat dry chicken. Place in Crockpot.
2. In small bowl, mix together remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.
3. Turn heat to low and cook chicken for 6 to 8 hours.
4. Carefully remove from Crockpot using large tongs.
5. Transfer pieces to serving bowl. Top with fresh green onions if desired and serve immediately.
This chicken tastes heavenly when served over rice or noodles. Add a fresh salad and hot dinner rolls for a satisfying meal on a cold winter night.