Sweet Potato Fries with Lime-Chipotle Mayo
By KohlerCreated on April 13, 2010
Even though there is no shortage of sweet potatoes in the winter, we never seem to make anything with them any other time but the summer, especially when we plan to enjoy meals outdoors. There's something light and springy about them, their sweetness is seemingly the ying to our barbecue's yang. We're still working on giving them the perfect crispness, and we think the secret lies within our broiler setting. Until then, we've thoroughly enjoyed the recipe I'm about to share.
INGREDIENTS: (serves 2)
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and sliced into 1/4" slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for tossing
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
1. Rinse and dry potatoes. Peel and slice into 1/4" fries. It's an arm workout, so unless you've got mondo guns, share the job.
2. Place in a bowl or container and add oil and spices. Toss to coat thoroughly. I recommend saving yourself a headache of trying to toss them with a spoon and getting in there and tossing with your hands, as you see above.
3. Arrange in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. I recommend using parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet, preferably the latter so the fries don't stick to the pan.
4. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, turning once or twice to cook evenly.
5. While sweet potato fries are baking, mix together mayo, chipotle powder, oregano and lime juice. Stir and refrigerate until ready to serve.
6. Remove fries from oven and allow to set for 2-3 minutes before serving.
As opposed to heavier, starchier yukon potato fries, these are light and sweet. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Food
Green & Black's Organic Chocolate Reviews & Sweepstakes
We placed Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate to the test! Check out these delicious chocolate recipes and recreate them for the ones you love using exceptional, fairtrade ingredients. Plus get a chance to win $100 cash equivalent and a chocolate prize pack.