Sweet You Rock and Sweet You Roll
By Thoughts Appear on April 20, 2012
When I was young, my parents always listened to the Oldies radio station. We’re talking The Beach Boys and The Monkees.
Now I enjoy this music, but at the time, it was sooooooo uncool.
But once upon a time, that music was hip.
I already mentioned the rap that annoyed my parents, but here are the songs my kids are going to roll their eyes at when I sing along.
- “Champagne Supernova” by Oasis: One day you will find me caught beneath the landslide….
- “You Oughta Know” by Alanis Morissette: And I’m here to remind you….
- “Wrong Way” by Sublime: Annie’s 12 years old. In two more she’ll be a….
- “Waterfalls” by TLC: Don’t go chasing waterfalls. Please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you’re used to….
- “Mr. Jones” by Counting Crows: Mr. Jones strikes up a conversation with this black-haired….
- “MmmBop” by Hanson: Mmmbop, da ba da ba doooobop….
- “All I Wanna Do” by Sheryl Crow: All I wanna do is have a little fun before I die….
- “Runaway Train” by Soul Asylum: Little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealing with the pain….
- “Macarena” by Lose Del Rio: Hey, Macarena….Face it. No one really knows the words to this song.
- “The Right Stuff” by New Kids on the Block: You got the right stuff, baby….
- “Peaches” by Presidents of the U.S.A: Millions of peaches, peaches for me….
What songs do you still know all the words to?
More Like This
Recent Posts by Thoughts Appear
Most Popular on BlogHer
Recent Comments on Music
By Velvet S.