Sweet You Rock and Sweet You Roll
By Thoughts Appear on April 20, 2012
When I was young, my parents always listened to the Oldies radio station. We’re talking The Beach Boys and The Monkees.
Now I enjoy this music, but at the time, it was sooooooo uncool.
But once upon a time, that music was hip.
I already mentioned the rap that annoyed my parents, but here are the songs my kids are going to roll their eyes at when I sing along.
- “Champagne Supernova” by Oasis: One day you will find me caught beneath the landslide….
- “You Oughta Know” by Alanis Morissette: And I’m here to remind you….
- “Wrong Way” by Sublime: Annie’s 12 years old. In two more she’ll be a….
- “Waterfalls” by TLC: Don’t go chasing waterfalls. Please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you’re used to….
- “Mr. Jones” by Counting Crows: Mr. Jones strikes up a conversation with this black-haired….
- “MmmBop” by Hanson: Mmmbop, da ba da ba doooobop….
- “All I Wanna Do” by Sheryl Crow: All I wanna do is have a little fun before I die….
- “Runaway Train” by Soul Asylum: Little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealing with the pain….
- “Macarena” by Lose Del Rio: Hey, Macarena….Face it. No one really knows the words to this song.
- “The Right Stuff” by New Kids on the Block: You got the right stuff, baby….
- “Peaches” by Presidents of the U.S.A: Millions of peaches, peaches for me….
What songs do you still know all the words to?