By ANK15 on December 20, 2012
There is nothing more cozy than sitting down with a hot bowl of soup on a cold winters night. This is another recipe passed down to us from Jason's mom but instead of using ground beef like the recipe called for I chose to use lean ground turkey. It's a hearty soup which has a little bit of spice and lots of flavor. This simple throw together soup cooks for 1 to 2 hours on the stove top or in the crock pot for 6 to 8 hours. It taste even better the next day as all the ingredients are able to blend together. Yay for leftovers.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1- 14.5oz can tomatoes with green chilies
- 1- 15oz can pinto beans, undrained
- 1- 1 1/4 oz. envelope low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 cup water
- Baked tortilla chips and shredded cheese (optional)
- In a large skillet saute the chopped onion in olive oil. Add the ground turkey and cook till the meat is cooked through.
- In a large pot (or crock pot) add the cooked turkey with all the ingredients above except for the cheese and tortilla chips.
- Simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours on the stove top or in the crock pot on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with baked tortilla chips and shredded cheese on top
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Kim Court