By ANK15 on December 20, 2012
There is nothing more cozy than sitting down with a hot bowl of soup on a cold winters night. This is another recipe passed down to us from Jason's mom but instead of using ground beef like the recipe called for I chose to use lean ground turkey. It's a hearty soup which has a little bit of spice and lots of flavor. This simple throw together soup cooks for 1 to 2 hours on the stove top or in the crock pot for 6 to 8 hours. It taste even better the next day as all the ingredients are able to blend together. Yay for leftovers.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1- 14.5oz can tomatoes with green chilies
- 1- 15oz can pinto beans, undrained
- 1- 1 1/4 oz. envelope low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 cup water
- Baked tortilla chips and shredded cheese (optional)
- In a large skillet saute the chopped onion in olive oil. Add the ground turkey and cook till the meat is cooked through.
- In a large pot (or crock pot) add the cooked turkey with all the ingredients above except for the cheese and tortilla chips.
- Simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours on the stove top or in the crock pot on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with baked tortilla chips and shredded cheese on top
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Lisa Stone
Most Popular on Quick and Easy
Recent Comments on Quick and Easy
By Christine S