Take Part! Blog Action Day
By Virginia DeBolt on October 13, 2009
BlogHer Original Post
In just two days, Blog Action Day 2009 will be upon us. You can still sign up your blog and take part in the worldwide event. This year the theme is climate change. You have some thoughts on climate change, I know you do. Here's your chance to share your thoughts and opinions and ideas about climate change and add your voice to this global event.
It's simple and fast to sign up to participate with your blog. The last time I checked, over 5000 bloggers from 126 countries were registered. Here's a video from the promoters explaining what it's about.
Suzyqhomemaker tells you how to Sign Up for Blog Action Day. The steps are few:
- Go to the web site and register your blog
- Show your committment on your blog with a badge the way Paula Arturo has done on From L.A. to B.A.
- On October 15, publish a post on your blog about climate change. Any aspect of climate change is ripe to discuss: agriculture, travel, events, business, politics, health.
- When your post is live, go back to Blog Action Day 2009 to link to your post
- While you're there, spend some time reading from what the thousands of other participants have posted
There's one more step you can take here on BlogHer. On Thursday, October 15, both Beth Terry and I will be posting on BlogHer about climate change for Blog Action Day 2009. In my post, there will be a Mr. Linky box, with which you can link to your Blog Action Day post. I hope you will partipate, and I hope you will use Mr. Linky on Thursday to add your post to the list of BlogHer bloggers writing about climate change for the event.
BlogHers have shown an interest in climate change prior to Blog Action Day, of course. Here are a few posts from around the blogosphere you may want to check out before the start of Blog Action Day.
- The Environmentalist
- Women bear the brunt of climate crisis
- Doctors Demand Climate Change Action to Avert “Global Health Catastrophe”