Taking my Foot Off the Brake
The Joy of Mothering
Grace changes me, usually in spite of myself.
Although I said yes to God when I was 16 and heroically tried to surrender all of myself to Him, it was impossible because I was not free or healed enough to let go of my masks and fears. So I earnestly performed all the right spiritual exercises and disciplines. My spiritual practices were counter productive because I was proudly doing everything under my power.
I call it The Tea and Me Trap. The tea was the caffeine fuel I needed to keep me running somewhat efficiently. I was a dedicated Christian who had a relationship to Jesus and was filled with His Spirit but still not allowing His Spirit free reign in my daily routine.
- encountering God out of the blue and accepting Him,
- becoming Catholic
- marrying...we had seen each other in person 11 days before we were engaged.
- moving across the country,
- deciding to have a large family,
- moving to a farm, to raise healthy food and keep our kids of the street.
More Like This
Recent Posts by melanie jean juneau
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Spirituality
Recent Comments on Spirituality