Tandoori Vegetables (Roasted Veggies in Tandoori Spice)
By easycookin on July 27, 2012
Serving Suggestion: Can be served with Roti’s or Rice
1 Large nonstick wok/pan
1 Large Bowl – For Marinating the Veggies
Cling Wrap/Foil - To cover the large bowl
1 Cup Plain Yogurt - Make sure the yogurt is thick
¼ Cup Water
7 Tbsp Olive Oil – Use oil of your choice/taste
2-4 Drops Orange Food Color
|Marinated Veggies in Tandoori Spices|
2 Tbsp Flour – You can use whole wheat or all-purpose flour
1 Tsp Lemon Juice
1 Tsp Ginger+Garlic Paste
2 Large Red Bell Peppers – Chopped into bite size pieces
2 Large Tomatoes - Chopped into bite size pieces
6-7 Asparagus - Chopped into bite size pieces
8-9 Green Beans - Chopped into bite size pieces
Tandoori Spice Mix: (Listed as maximum to minimum quantity)
2 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Dry Mango Powder (Amchur)
1 Tsp Coriander Powder (Dhania)
1 Tsp Cumin Powder (Jeera)
1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
¼ Tsp Clove Powder (Laung)
¼ Tsp Green Cardamom Powder (Choti Elaichi)
¼ Tsp Cinnamon Powder (Dalchini)
¼ Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- In a large bowl, add yogurt, lemon juice, water, ginger+garlic paste, 2Tbsp oil, flour and mix everything together till a smooth paste is formed.
- Now add the powdered spices to this paste along with orange food color and mix thoroughly till everything is well combined.
- Add the chopped vegetables to this mix and wrap the bowl with cling wrap.
- Refrigerate the marinated vegetables for 40-60min. (This step is very important as it lets vegetables soak in the spices and also if the mix is kept outside it will leave water)
- Heat a nonstick pan on high with 2tbsp of oil, once the oil is heated reduce the flames to medium and add ¼ of the marinated vegetables in it.
- Saute it for 3-5min, turning vegetables on both sides to make sure its evenly cooked and not burnt. (Add more oil/sprinkle little water if the surface of the pan starts to burn)
- Follow step-6, till all vegetables are cooked.
- Serve Hot along with rice/roti/bread.
More Like This
Recent Posts by easycookin
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Food
FoodSaver® Reviews & Giveaways
Save time, money and space with the FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System! Air is the enemy of freshness and FoodSaver® vacuum sealers remove and lock out air and moisture. It keeps food fresh up to 5x longer! Read our bloggers' posts and know more about FoodSaver® plus get a chance to win $100!
Recent Comments on Food