Tasty Spinach Breadsticks
By aloveafare on November 14, 2013
Are you looking for a recipe that doesn’t take long but looks like it does? Try these tasty Spinach Breadsticks.
My sister tried the recipe and substituted the milk with goat milk and she said they turned out doughy. Now I like the way she’s thinking and it could work with another type of milk but you will need to experiment with the amounts.
I have since specified dairy milk so this doesn’t happen to someone else.
I made the recipe again and this time with spinach and they turned out great. So don’t get creative and try some other milk unless you are experimenting. This recipe works with dairy milk. Thank you dairy cow for your lovely milk.
Makes 10-12 Breadsticks
- 1 cup of organic all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2/3 cup of dairy (cow) milk
- 1 cup of chopped baby spinach
- olive oil spray
- parmesan cheese
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray jelly roll pan with a coat of olive oil cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt. Mix together.
- To dry ingredients add honey, milk, chopped baby spinach and mix together to form a dough. Knead in bowl adding all purpose flour as needed so the dough is not so sticky.
- Place some flour on your counter and roll out dough into a rectangle using a rolling pin. Cut into 10-12 breadsticks using a pizza cutter. Works great.
- Place breadsticks on jelly roll pan and spray with olive oil spray, sprinkle with fresh parmesan cheese and sea salt.
- Bake in preheated oven 13-15 minutes.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Mom has a lot to check off her list this Summer, and Kellogg's cereal can help her get it done. How will you make the most of your Summer? Check out our blog posts as we share with you inspirational ideas for celebrating the moments of magic that will happen during this activity-filled time of year! PLUS enter for a chance to win as $100 Walmart gift card! Read more
Most Popular on Food
Recent Comments on Food