Teriyaki Chicken Patties
By Yuko on October 12, 2012
Who doesn't like Teriyaki Chicken? The flavor combination of chicken and sweet teriyaki sauce is everyone's favorite, at least at my house. It gets even more popular when I use ground chicken to make little hamburger patties and glaze them with home made teriyaki sauce. Well, in Japan, no one really uses bottled teriyaki sauce. It's a mixture of soy sauce, sugar, and sake, which is really easy to make and tastes so much better! You can add mirin if you have a bottle, but it works just fine without it too.
You can make the patties big for dinner or for hamburgers, or make them small to make sliders or just put them in the bento box with some rice. These patties are well glazed with sauce, so they even taste good at room temperature. Perfect for bento!
To make these patties ahead of time to save for bento, just cool them down to the room temperature and freeze them individually. You can microwave one in the morning, cool it again, and use it for bento.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumb
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp oil (for the pan)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp sake
1. Combine all the ingredients for Chicken Patties (except oil for the pan) in a bowl.
2. Heat a pan at medium high heat and add oil. Drop the chicken mixture to 2-3 inch circles onto the pan using spoon. The mixture is soft, so it's easier to drop with a spoon than trying to make patties with hand.
3. Fry for about 5 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown. Flip the patties and cook for another 4-5 minutes covered until cooked through.
4. In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for Teriyaki Sauce, and pour over the cooked patties in the pan. In medium heat, cook for a few minutes until the sauce is thicken and the patties are glazed. Flip the patties once half way through the glazing process.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Save time, money and space with the FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System! AND it keeps food fresh up to 5x longer! Read our bloggers' experiences with the FoodSaver® System and see why you should get one for your home. Plus get a chance to win $100 Visa gift card! Read more
Most Popular on Food
Success Rice Farms Reviews & Giveaways
Success® Rice is the ORIGINAL no mess, no measure boil-in-bag rice that cooks perfectly every time and is ready in 10 minutes. Read our bloggers' posts and see how they make hearty meals by adding Success® Rice into their favorite recipes plus get a chance to win $100.