Confused Thai Beef Stew
By Maybe Diaries on February 24, 2014
This is a stew with a minor identity crisis.
It was the offspring of a shopping expedition which resulted in an eclectic collection of ingredients and a complete lack of desire on my part to waste an afternoon in the kitchen when there was some glorious sunshine to enjoy.
I served it up with some buttery mash and there was nearly all out war over seconds.
15g fresh ginger
6 cloves garlic
1 bunch Thai basil leaves
1 red chilli
2 kaffir lime leaves
2tbsp fish sauce
2tbsp agave syrup
Juice of 1 lime
2 tomatoes quartered
400g stewing beef, cubed.
1. Take the garlic, ginger, basil, chili, and add to a blender with the fish sauce, agave, sherry, lime juice and make a paste.
2. Add to a stew pot and cook off on a hob for a few minutes on a low heat.
3. Add the beef and sauté for a few minutes until browned.
4. Add the flour and mix until everything is coated.
5. Add the lime leaves, tomato, carrots and enough water to just cover.
6. Put on lid and put in 150oc oven for at least 2 hours.
NB I think this would be awesome with a really meaty fish as well, or maybe some octopus.
Mum, activist and parenting junkie. Passionate about empowering women and living a good life with my family. http://www.maybediaries.com/
More Like This
Recent Posts by Maybe Diaries
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Quick and Easy
Recent Comments on Quick and Easy
By Madtown Macs