By CynthiaRowlandLB on November 16, 2012
I love preparing dishes for Thanksgiving that make people swoon.
Here’s one recipe for cranberry sauce that will have your guests begging for seconds and thirds:
• 4 cups fresh cranberries,
• 1 cup sugar,
• 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/4 cup bourbon.
Put the ingredients in a stainless steel sauce pan, cover and slowly cook until cranberries burst. Chill and keep covered until you are ready to serve.
Hot Cranberry Punch by Reba Nichols – Oklahoma
A few years ago I was visiting the Nichols’ residence and was offered a cup of this most delicious punch. I know you’ll love it!
Ingredients and Directions
• 12 whole cloves, 4 sticks cinnamon bark: Steep in one pint hot water for 15 minutes, then pour into a large heating container
• 1 package raw cranberries – Cook in 1.5 quarts of water, then sieve cranberries, add the cranberries to container.
• Add: 1 small can frozen orange juice*
• 1 small can frozen pineapple juice*
• Dilute each according to directions on can or substitute 24 ounces of fresh or canned juices.
• Add the juice of two lemons, one pint of grape juice, two cups sugar (for more tart juice, reduce sugar to 1 1/2 cups or to taste.)
Heat to serve. Also good cold.
FYI: This punch can be stored in refrigerator for weeks.
For diabetics or to avoid sugar, substitute Stevia
Aunt Betty’s Pumpkin Dessert
• 1 – 16 ounce can pumpkin pie filling, spices included
• 1 tall can evaporated milk
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1 box yellow cake mix
• 1 stick butter, melted
• 1/2 c. chopped pecans
• Whipped cream
With a spoon, stir pumpkin, milk, sugar and eggs together. Turn into a well-greased glass 9” x 13” baking pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin layer and drizzle with the melted butter. (Do not mix) Sprinkle pecans and bake at 350 for one hour. Cool and then pass the whipped cream.
Garlicky White Shoe Peg Casserole
• 8 ounce softened cream cheese
• 1/4 c milk
• 4 ounces canned green chilies drained
• 2 cans white shoe peg corn drained
• 2 ounce jar pimentos
• 1 teaspoon of garlic
Use either fresh garlic or garlic powder to taste. I happen to like a lot of garlic so one teaspoon should be plenty.
Combine these ingredients and pour into a buttered casserole dish and bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees
Cynthia Rowland - Facial Fitness Expert
More Like This
Recent Posts by CynthiaRowlandLB
Most Popular on BlogHer
Hearing your baby laugh is the most amazing sound. Discover why baby laughter is so important, your baby’s own Baby Laugh Index™, and much more at www.babylaughindex.com.BlogHer and Bright Starts™ asked 10 bloggers to share what kind of laugh their kids have and to try out one of these fun toys: the Jungle Fun Ball Climber™, the Hide 'n Spin Monkey™, or the 3-in-1 Step 'n Ride Lion™ . Check out their posts and learn how you could win one too! Read more
Most Popular on Food
Recent Comments on Food
By Kalyn Denny