Thanksgiving Traditions Sweepstakes Official Rules
Thanksgiving Traditions Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Entrants in the Thanksgiving Tradition Sweepstakes ("Promotion") must be at least 18 years of age, have reached the age of majority in their home state and be U.S. residents. Employees, officers and directors of BlogHer, Inc. ("BlogHer" or "Sponsor") or Sprint Communications Company L.P. (“Sprint”), and their respective partners, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, successors and assigns, and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, siblings) and individuals residing in their same household (whether or not related) are not eligible. Sprint is not a sponsor. By participating, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Void in Puerto Rico and where taxed, restricted and/or prohibited. Promotion may only be entered in or from the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. You are not authorized to participate in the Promotion if you are not located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Promotion Period: Promotion begins 3:00 p.m. (PST) 11/23/2009 and ends 11:59 p.m. (PST) 12/6/2009. All online entries must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. (PST) on December 6, 2009 and all mail-in entries must be postmarked by December 6, 2009 and received no later than December 14, 2009.
3. Entry: Eligible entrants may enter the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period one (1) of two (2) ways set forth below provided that there is a limit one (1) entry per person, regardless of entry method:
(i) Online Entries: To enter the Sweepstakes online, eligible entrants should simply login or first register at http://www.blogher.com/user/register (the "Sweepstakes Site"), then visit the Sweepstakes web page on the Sweepstakes Site at http://www.blogher.com/sprint-thanksgiving-holiday-tradition-sweepstakes and leave a comment about your favorite Thanksgiving tradition. Online entries must be placed in the comments section of this page, or a URL link to your entry on your own blog must be posted to the comments section of this page, to qualify.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to their Entry: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the Entry; (b) the Entry is entrant’s own creation and is 100% original; and (c) the Entry will not infringe or is not likely to infringe on any rights of any third parties, as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Entries must be written in English and posted before 11:59pm PST on 12/6/2009 to be eligible.
Online entries must comply with BlogHer Editorial Standards available at http://www.blogher.com/what-are-your-community-guidelines.Entries must be on topic and may not contain inappropriate content, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, including but not limited to full or partial nudity, profanity, defamatory statements, words or symbols generally considered offensive to individuals of certain race, ethnicity, religious, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group; or threats to any person, place, business, or group.
By posting a comment, entrant agrees that any or all of the submitted comment, whether randomly chosen as a Winner or not, may be reproduced on Sponsor’s web site in connection with this Promotion without compensation at the sole discretion of representatives of the Sponsor.
(ii) Mail-In Entries: To enter for a chance to win the Sweepstakes without leaving a comment on the Sweepstakes Site, eligible entrants should mail a 3x5 card in a stamped envelope with your first and last name, postal address (no P.O. Boxes), daytime phone number (including area code), date of birth and e-mail address (all legibly hand printed) to: BlogHer, Attn: The BlogHer "Thanksgiving Tradition" Sweepstakes Entry, 1301 Shoreway Rd., Suite 340, Belmont, CA 94002. Mail-in entries must be postmarked no later than December 6, 2009 and must be received by Sponsor no later than December 14, 2009. To protect your privacy, we recommend that you send the 3x5 postcard to Sponsor in an envelope. Sponsor will not use personal information obtained through your mail-in entry, except in connection with this Sweepstakes.
• Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for illegible, lost, stolen, late, damaged, incomplete, mutilated or misdirected entries.
• Each entrant warrants and represents that his or her entry complies with all of the conditions herein these Official Rules. Any non-complying entry will be subject to disqualification.
• Only one entry per household.
• Multiple entries or any use of robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or the like methods of participation are invalid. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, postage-due, illegible, incomplete entries which will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any of the website’s terms.
4. Random Drawing: One (1) winner (“Winner”) will be randomly selected from all eligible entries on or about 12/15/2009. Odds of winning depend on the total of number of entries submitted in the Promotion. The potential Winner will be notified by email and may be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (or any other confirmatory document required by Sponsor) within seven (7) days of prize notification. If potential Winner cannot be contacted within forty-eight (48) hours of first notification attempt, if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if potential Winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit one prize per household.
Please check your BlogHer profile to ensure we have your current, correct email address.
5. Prize: ONE (1) Winner shall receive a $1000 Visa gift card (“Prize”). The Approximate Retail Value(“ARV”) of the Prize is $1000.00.
Winner will receive his/her prize via U.S. mail to his/her US resident address approximately two to four weeks from Sponsor's receipt of the Prize Notification and Release agreement executed by the Winner. Prize shipping costs will be paid for by Sponsor. All applicable taxes and any other unspecified expenses are the sole responsibility of Winner.
6. General Conditions: By participating, entrants agree neither BlogHer, Sprint, nor their respective parents, officers, directors, employees, and agents shareholders, agents and representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, or legal advisors are responsible or liable for, and shall be released and held harmless from: (i) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, lost or unavailable network connections or computer malfunctions, failures, unauthorized human intervention, or difficulties of any kind, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Promotion, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading any materials in this Promotion; (ii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted; (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion; (iv) any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the Promotion, acceptance, possession, or use of the prize or merchandise delivery. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the Promotion at any time. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
By accepting the Prize, except where legally prohibited, winner grants permission (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) to Sponsor and those acting under its authority the right to the use of his/her name, photo, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements, at any time or times, for advertising, trade publicity, promotional and commercial purposes without additional compensation, in connection with the running or advertising of this Promotion. Winner shall be required to complete an affidavit or declaration of eligibility/liability release and, except where prohibited, a publicity release and such other documents as may be required by Sponsor. Required documents must be signed and received by Sponsor within 10 days of the date printed on the prize notification. Failure to execute or timely return the prize notification documentation may result in forfeiture of Prize. Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash or credit. All necessary taxes and duties on the prize, any other costs associated with maintaining or operating the prize, and all unspecified expenses are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners.
7. Additional Terms. In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential Winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such Winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry and BlogHer account.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Promotion should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, cheating, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion. In such case, Sponsor may select, in its sole discretion, the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or Site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Promotion, or any other Sponsor promotion, or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives (collectively referred to herein as “Cheating”).
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Disclosure. Winner acknowledges and agrees that he/she is not required to make any statements about, or provide any opinions regarding, the Prize, any such statements and/or opinions being Winner’s sole decision. If Winner is employed by, works for, or provides content to, any means of mass communication, such as newspapers, magazines, radio, television or the Internet, including, without limitation Winner’s blog (collectively, the “Media”), then Winner will not speak about or refer to the Prize, directly or indirectly, in such capacity through the Media, without disclosing that Winner won the Prize in connection with the Promotion.
10. For name of winner, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) by 2/28/10 to: BlogHer Attn: Thanksgiving Tradition Promotion Request, 1301 Shoreway Rd Ste 340, Belmont, CA 94002.
Shoreway Rd Ste 340
Belmont, CA 94002
Tel: (650) 551-1364
© 2009 BlogHer, Inc. All Rights Reserved. BLOGHER is a trademark of BlogHer, Inc.
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on BlogHer
vitafusion™ is rooted in the belief that healthy habits should be enjoyable so that you’ll keep on doing them. See why our bloggers added vitafusion™ and L’il Critters™ vitamins into their daily routine and why they enjoy the convenience, great taste and health benefits it brings. Read more
Recent Comments on BlogHer
By Dr. Margaret
Switch to mobile view.