Things I NEVER did before I was a Mom
By dailymomtivity on July 31, 2014
The other night we were planning to take the kids out to dinner. Since we have a little one still, it's hard to just go out to eat. I have to plan ahead. I have to PREPARE. It got me thinking and somewhat laughing on the way to eat about all the things I do now that I NEVER did before kids...
Before kids I NEVER:
- carried wipes with me. Now? All the time, everywhere! Wipes are essential ;) Table cleaners, hand cleaners, nose wipers...
- really worried about anything. I can hardly remember what it was like before kids but I know my biggest worry would have been being home in time to watch Lost or if I picked up my clothes at the cleaners before they closed. For real.
- would leave the house w/o make up. Like NEVER. I'm still not the best at this but I have learned to really not care as much. No time!
- I never knew just how much stuff you HAVE to take with you just to run a few errands. And how much of a pain car seats and strollers are!
- knew just how good at catching vomit in my hand I'd be. When you have a child with a bad gag reflux you catch a lot of vomit!
- could multi-task as much. I could do a few things at a time but now I can talk on the phone, vacuum, dust, clean up, all while carrying around my 25 pound 15 mth old!
- had anything follow me around so much! My dog didn't even follow me around as much as my kids do! Everywhere, especially the bathroom.
- knew how much sleep I'd just not get. I used to sleep all the time. Nice peaceful, beautiful sleep! 8 hours or more with no interruptions! Imagine!
- had much to do. Like really what did I do before kids??? I have no earthly clue. Husband and I were married 3 years before we had a baby. 3 years! What the heck did we do for 3 years??? Love on our dog, I guess!
- knew how hard it was to be a Mom. I knew it was hard but not HOW hard. Now I see all the worry and grief that goes in. The giving up sanity to help the kids. How you come last.
- thought I'd drive a minivan! Guess what? I do, and I LOVE It :)
- but mostly before kids I NEVER knew how much I could love something more than anything in the world. Yes, my kids drive me nuts sometimes. Sometimes I can't wait for bedtimes and a time when I'm alone for a second. But as soon as I see their eyes in the morning, the green like the forest and blue like the sky eyes they have I'm thankful. Their long lashes and baby soft skin. I can't imagine my life without them. Both of them. Before kids, I never knew what it meant to be a Mom. The hardest, but most rewarding job in the world.
I'm so thankful to be their Mom!
More Like This
Recent Posts by dailymomtivity
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Blogging & Social Media
Recent Comments on Blogging & Social Media
By Mary Burris
By Laurel Regan