- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup jaggery
- 3 tbsps ghee
- 6-8 cardamom seeds or 1tsp of powder
- 1/2 cup water
- Dry roast the sesame seeds in a flat pan on medium heat. Do this till they are a very pale golden color and aromatic.
- Put the jaggery and water in a pan and melt to form a thick syrup. To test if it is done drop a little into a bowl of chilled water. If it forms a ball, the syrup is ready. If not, cook some more. Test again till ready.
- Add the toasted sesame seeds to the syrup and mix well.
- Add the ghee and cardamom powder and mix well. Take off from heat.
- Grease your palms and when the mixture is still hot (but cool enough to handle) take enough in your hand to form a golf ball-sized lump. Roll between your palms till smooth. Lay on a greased plate to cool. Repeat till all the mixture is used up. The laddoos will soon harden to candy-like texture.
- Store for up to 10-15 days in an air-tight container.
For more detail please visit here: