Tips For Getting Organized For A Trip. #traveltips
Today i am going to show you some tips for getting organized for a trip. My family and I head to Tennessee several times throughout the year. We really love going to the Smoky Mountains and spending as much time there as we can. But because we go so often, I have to stay organized, not only with packing, but with things here at home as well.
Here are a few of my tips for getting organized for a trip.
My first travel tips are about organizing things at home before you go. Here are some things I like to do:
- Put a hold on all mail at the post office, packages via UPS, FedEx, etc. OR arrange for a friend to pick them up at my home
- If you are a blogger, draft and schedule any upcoming posts before you leave
- Arrange for pets to be taken care of and have a backup!
- Make a list of any upcoming phone calls or appointments and go ahead and handle as many as possible
- Pay any near-due/upcoming bills
- Unplug all electronics including the computer and printers
- Turn off water to sinks and toilets
As a product reviewer, I receive a lot of packages so we like to place a hold on mail and packages for the length of our stay so that they are delivered while we are gone. This way, you don’t have to worry about lost or stolen mail/packages. Bloggers often have deadlines for posts so getting those drafted and scheduled before you leave lets you really relax and enjoy your trip without worrying about tasks on your blog.
Arrange for any pets you have to be fed, watered and let out throughout the day (dogs). But make sure you have a backup in case your original pet sitter has an emergency.
If you know you will have upcoming Dr’s. appointments, phone calls or other appointments, go ahead and schedule them or make the visits before you leave.
Pay any bills you know will be due the week of your vacation. Especially if you pay your bills online or by phone. Go ahead and...
I'm Crystal Martin, a mom of 4 who writes about fun products, services, entertainment, family and travel @ Cinnamon Hollow with my co-blogging hubby, Clay.