Today's Gratitude List
By Laurel Regan on December 22, 2012
It's good to stop, sometimes, and take a quick inventory of the things in your life for which you're grateful at that moment in time. In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time.
- Catching up with a good friend over a delicious dinner and lingering for hours over coffee.
- My family, who sent us an enormous and very generous parcel of Christmas goodies to be unwrapped and enjoyed on the 25th. Anticipation!
- My sister, who lovingly crafted a felted Christmas ornament with an image of our beautiful cat Spider on one side, and a heart with "2012" on the other. Peter and I both cried when we saw it, and are so grateful for my sister's thoughtful kindness and understanding. Now we have a memory of our dear little girl that will be displayed on our Christmas tree in a place of honour every year.
- Heat! Our furnace went out late last night and left us shivering in a very, very cold house. It's fixed now, and we are so grateful for the warmth! You don't really realize how much you value something so essential until it's no longer there.
- Lessons learned. For example, the need for a homeowner to change their furnace air filters regularly is a lesson learned that will prove very valuable in the future!
- Friends who are there for you, ready and willing to offer their experience, advice, practical help, etc.
- A fun chat with the furnace guy, who also happened to be from BC, about hockey and our mutual favourite team, the Vancouver Canucks.
- The fact that there is one more new Maeve Binchy book, written before she died, to be enjoyed and savoured.
- More than two weeks of vacation time!
What's on your gratitude list at this moment?
~ Dawn @ Alphabet Salad
More Like This
Recent Posts by Laurel Regan
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Melissa Ford
Nate Berkus brings his celebrated style to LG’s premium line of kitchen appliances. See how our bloggers incorporated this style with with just a few simple tweaks. Enter "My Kitchen Needs Nate" contest for a chance to win an ultimate dream kitchen. Read more
Most Popular on Work/Life