Today's Gratitude List - Linkup No. 13
I read this morning that there's another deep freeze headed our way... in our neck of the woods, anyway. Brrr! So the very first item on my gratitude list today has got to be my comfy house with a working furnace, plenty of blankets and hot tea, and three furry creatures with whom to snuggle.
Hope you'll join me in this week's Gratitude Linkup!
(If you'd like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the "add your link" button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the "get the InLinkz code" link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you'll go on to write and share your own!
- On a day when I thought nothing could rescue me from my mood of overwhelming cranky cantankerousness, reading this post by my dear friend Robin of Sunbonnet Smart, and realizing just how much value, joy, and friendship being a member of BlogHer has brought to my life.
- On that same day, receiving "real" snail mail - not a bill or a flyer! - in the form of a fun card and silly cartoon clipping from a good friend in Victoria, just because.
- Blogger awards and the bloggers who award them.
- The arrival of my long-awaited delivery from Filofax, and the enjoyment of assembling my new planner.
- Being the kind of person who takes delight from the little things.
- Having an illness that lasted for just a day and a bit (stomach bug? something I ate?) and NOT getting a cold or the 'flu.
- Rediscovering and paging through three little volumes of Japanese haiku.
- Coming to terms with not feeling like a grownup.
- The freedom to spend the better part of a day on myself, breakfasting and shopping and coffeeing and browsing.
- Enjoying dinner out with Peter.
- Waking up to two cats asleep at my feet and another beside me.
(Original post in Alphabet Salad.)
Laurel Regan blogs about life as she lives it at Alphabet Salad - "an eclectic assortment of rants & ramblings."
More Like This
Recent Posts by Laurel Regan
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Work/Life
Recent Comments on Work/Life