Today's Gratitude List - Linkup No. 25
Breaking from my Tangling from A to Z project once again (I can't believe another week has passed already - April is absolutely flying by!) in order to stop and focus on gratitude. For whatever reason, I'm feeling a little grumpy this morning - so turning my thoughts towards gratitude is a rather timely exercise.
Hope you'll join me in this week's Gratitude Linkup!
(If you'd like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the "add your link" button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the "get the InLinkz code" link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you'll go on to write and share your own!
- (Finally) completing and sending a "Flat Sally" project that will (hopefully) entertain a classroom full of kids several provinces away.
- A fabulous haircut and colour by my fabulous stylist.
- Being with Peter as he celebrated another birthday, and marking the occasion by sharing a delicious dinner at his favourite restaurant.
- Our public library.
- Discovering a new-to-me restaurant with inexpensive, delicious food.
- Blogging opportunities that come my way.
- Laughing long and loud while watching live theatre.
- Living in a city with an amazing variety of fantastic places to dine. We really are spoiled for choice here in Windsor!
- Fresh peas in edible pods.
- Being recognized as a regular when visiting favourite places.
- The fact that my iPhone and battery pack case are undamaged despite accidentally ending up in a running washing machine that had started to fill with water. (Thankfully, I realized in time what had happened and rushed downstairs to retrieve my phone... and miraculously, the clothing on top protected it from being touched by so much as a drop of water.) A situation that could have been so very, very bad - wasn't.
- Green buds on our neighbour's lilac bush.
- A new sushi restaurant opening soon in my neighbourhood.
- Safety for a good friend who was in a major car accident.
- My sister, who is sometimes the only one who "gets" me and my retro-trivia pop-culture sense of humour!
- Warm Spring weather, and an evening so lovely a group of us could stand outside talking without feeling cold.
- Getting lost in a book so engrossing that it's tough to put it down.
(Original post in Alphabet Salad.)
Laurel Regan blogs about life as she lives it at Alphabet Salad - "an eclectic assortment of rants & ramblings."