Today's Gratitude List - Linkup No. 31
By Laurel Regan on May 25, 2014
Today our back yard is at the top of my gratitude list! Peter and I headed out there this weekend and started doing some cleanup - taking care of the lawn, pulling some weeds, and planning for flower boxes and baskets. We still have quite a bit more to do, but I'm glad that we made a start. I'm grateful for all the work the previous homeowners did to make it nice, and for being able to look forward to having a lovely and relaxing space to enjoy throughout the summer.
Hope you'll join me in this week's Gratitude Linkup!
(If you'd like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the "add your link" button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the "get the InLinkz code" link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you'll go on to write and share your own!
- After a long winter, being able to get an ice cream cone, take a walk by the river, and visit the Peace Fountain once again.
- Continued improvement in Grisabella's health. She goes back to the vet this week for a checkup and another round of antibiotics - it'll be interesting to see if she's managed to gain any weight, as she continues to have a healthy appetite and actually does feel a little heavier to us.
- Making it halfway through the roadwork on our street - "only" two more months left to go!
- Successfully launching my Ten Thousand Tangles shop and making my first sales.
- Looking forward to an upcoming visit from my sister, soon!
- Weather that's warm enough for us to open the windows and hear the birdsong, but not so hot that we need to keep them closed and run the air conditioning.
- Our health care system. Sometimes I forget, but was reminded just this week how fortunate I am to be able to phone my doctor's office in the morning, get an appointment for a non-urgent situation the very same afternoon, and not have to pay a penny out of pocket to do so.
- Supportive friends and family.
- Our very own non-bar version of "Cheers" - a local place we can go where everybody knows our name. In fact, we have a couple of them!
- Having a husband with a friendly, outgoing personality who is genuinely interested in others and who makes it easier for me to get past my shyness and meet people when I'm with him.
(Original post in Alphabet Salad.)
Laurel Regan blogs about life as she lives it at Alphabet Salad - "an eclectic assortment of rants & ramblings."
More Like This
Recent Posts by Laurel Regan
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Lisa Stone
Most Popular on Work/Life
By Lisa Stone
The Ultimate Litter Experience
We tried Cat’s Pride® Fresh & Light® Ultimate Care™ because of its high absorbing clay for great lightweight performance. Check out our reviews and videos and see why we choose to buy Cat's Pride for our furry friends. Plus get a chance to win $100!