Today's Gratitude List - Linkup No. 34
By Laurel Regan on June 15, 2014
Happy Father's Day to my smart and wonderful dad! You are number one on my gratitude list today for so many reasons, topped by your unfailing strength of character and personal ethics. Thank you for setting such a great example for me - I am grateful I can call you Dad.
Hope you'll join me in this week's Gratitude Linkup!
(If you'd like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the "add your link" button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the "get the InLinkz code" link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you'll go on to write and share your own!
- Knowing how to drive, and the freedom and flexibility that comes with it.
- Owning a car and having no car payments.
- Finding out after consultation with a specialist that I most likely won't have to have an old root canal redone after all.
- Narrowly avoiding a bad travel booking situation, which led to me finding a better (and fairly reasonable, all things considered) flight to San Jose for BlogHer '14.
- Peter having the opportunity to work at the polls during our recent provincial election.
- Getting things done!
- Having access to Freegal Music via our local public library.
- Our kind neighbour from across the alley who walked all the way around the block late in the evening to knock on our front door and let us know we'd left our garage door open.
- The gorgeous ivy growing on our house and camouflaging the block walls.
- Celebrating a year of tangling.
- A perfect summer Sunday morning with a light, cooling breeze blowing through my open office window.
(Original post in Alphabet Salad.)
Laurel Regan blogs about life as she lives it at Alphabet Salad - "an eclectic assortment of rants & ramblings."
More Like This
Recent Posts by Laurel Regan
Most Popular on BlogHer
Nate Berkus brings his celebrated style to LG’s premium line of kitchen appliances. See how our bloggers incorporated this style with with just a few simple tweaks. Enter "My Kitchen Needs Nate" contest for a chance to win an ultimate dream kitchen. Read more
Most Popular on Work/Life
Recent Comments on Work/Life