Today's Gratitude List - Linkup No. 35
By Laurel Regan on June 22, 2014
This week has been a roller coaster of emotions ranging from anxiety about getting the house ready for company in the midst of concerns about Grisabella's worsening health, to joy at seeing and being able to spend many days with my sister and friend, to heartbreak over the loss of our sweet Grisabella, to contented enjoyment of the sights of my city and gorgeous summer weather. And throughout all the ups - and even the downs - there have been plenty of reasons for gratitude.
Hope you'll join me in this week's Gratitude Linkup!
(If you'd like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the "add your link" button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the "get the InLinkz code" link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you'll go on to write and share your own!
- Being able to get over our irrational fear of using a gas barbecue... and that our first attempts to do so were successful and nothing blew up!
- Paid vacation time.
- Safe travels for and time spent with my sister and friend.
- That, even though it made for a very sad happening in the midst of their vacation, my sister and friend - the consummate cat lovers - were here with us when we made the difficult decision to say goodbye to Grisabella. Their comfort, understanding, and support meant (and continues to mean) so very much to Peter and I.
- The time we were given with our dear Grisabella, and the two wonderful boys she left us to love.
- Kindness and support from online friends.
- Opportunities to learn about our city's rich history.
- Windsor's beautiful riverfront.
- The City of Windsor for offering free "Art Cart" tours with a fun and informative tour guide.
- The start of curb construction on our street. Our long nightmare of roadwork is finally coming to an end!
- Discovering new-to-me shops in my neighbourhood - places I've always wanted to visit, but never got around to it prior to having guests from out of town.
- Really good service from sales clerks who go the extra mile.
- The official arrival of summer, with a day of perfect weather to mark it.
(Original post in Alphabet Salad.)
Laurel Regan blogs about life as she lives it at Alphabet Salad - "an eclectic assortment of rants & ramblings."
More Like This
Recent Posts by Laurel Regan
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on NaBloPoMo
Recent Comments on NaBloPoMo