Today's Gratitude List - Linkup No. 38
By Laurel Regan on July 13, 2014
At the top of today's gratitude list is BlogHer '14... because I've been anticipating the event for almost a year, and now it's finally time to start counting down for real! I'm so grateful for being able to attend the conference for the third year in a row, for the chance to catch up with dear friends once again, for opportunities to learn and grow and be challenged, and for all of the exciting possibilities that lurk around every corner of the conference facilities.
Let's get packing!
Hope you'll join me in this week's Gratitude Linkup!
(If you'd like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the "add your link" button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the "get the InLinkz code" link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you'll go on to write and share your own!
- The way Peter has really taken to grilling. I foresee plenty of yummy meals in our future!
- Having the memory of a stunning, flaming orange and gold sunset, so beautiful and vibrant that a picture couldn't possibly capture its glory.
- Discovering, completely by accident, that all the windows on the second floor of our house are the kind that can be flipped open so that you can easily clean the outside. Funny timing, too, as we had just a couple of days before seen a home improvement show where the homeowner was installing that type of window, and I'd remarked that they made so much sense and wished that we had them in our house. Wish granted!
- Simple times enjoyed together with Peter.
- Personal connections and small kindnesses in a crowded, impersonal place - like the young man who saw the grapes in my cart and shared that they reminded him of his childhood in India, when he and his brother would eat fresh, ripe grapes they'd just snipped from the vine in their yard... or the guy in the parking lot who saved me a trip back to the cart return stand on a hot, muggy day by taking mine back along with his.
- Racing the storm and making it back into the house with our load of groceries BEFORE the sky started dumping down with rain!
- My "niche-free" blog where I'm not bound by topic requirements and therefore have the freedom to write and share anything I want.
- Looking back even a couple of years ago and seeing how far I've come as a blogger. I'm thankful for the opportunities that have found me, and am looking forward to what's to come in the future!
- Our new walkway! Finally we have a path to our front door again.
- Plenty of time to tangle.
- Peter's knack of telling me, with a certain tone of wonder in his voice, that I'm beautiful - at the precise moment when I'm feeling the absolute LEAST beautiful. I really don't get it, but I wouldn't change it for the world.
- Working from home and being able to stop for a cuddle with Oscar or a quick game of "fetch the catnip mouse" with Felix.
- My cozy and well-equipped home office.
- Air conditioning on humid days.
(Original post in Alphabet Salad.)
Laurel Regan blogs about life as she lives it at Alphabet Salad - "an eclectic assortment of rants & ramblings."