Today's Gratitude List - Linkup No. 44
By Laurel Regan on August 31, 2014
What's on your gratitude list as we bid farewell to August and look ahead to fall? I'm grateful for the ever-nearing opportunity I'll have to see my family and some old friends when I visit Victoria in October - now that September is practically here, it seems like my trip is that much closer, and I'm getting more and more excited about it!
Hope you'll join me in this week's Gratitude Linkup!
(If you'd like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the "add your link" button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the "get the InLinkz code" link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you'll go on to write and share your own!
- Having the strength and commitment to stay on a healthy path of eating and exercise.
- Discovering the "You Need A Budget" site, software, and apps as a result of planning for the likely demise of the financial management app I've been using for years. Sometimes something great can come from what seemed at first like something horrible! (Watch this space for at least one future post extolling the many virtues of YNAB!)
- The service and friendliness of the owners and staff at our fabulous neighbourhood pharmacy.
- The fact that Oscar has become sweeter than usual and so very cuddly with me lately. There's nothing quite like a cat who loves and wants to be near you!
- The people who put their time, effort, and creativity into organizing groups, challenges, and linkups - such as NaBloPoMo, the Fat Mum Slim Photo A Day Challenge, Write Tribe, Photo Friday, and Midlife Boulevard. I am thankful for the benefits that each brings my way as I get involved and participate - motivation, blogging support and networking, ideas, resources, creativity stretching... the list goes on and on!
- Having one of my photos chosen as a top pic - a rare occurrence that always makes my day.
- Talented friends who share their gifts with the world.
- Living in an air conditioned home, particularly when the city is in the middle of a heat warning.
- Owning a laptop and enjoying its flexibility.
(Original post in Alphabet Salad.)
Laurel Regan blogs about life as she lives it at Alphabet Salad - "an eclectic assortment of rants & ramblings."
More Like This
Recent Posts by Laurel Regan
Most Popular on BlogHer
Lean Cuisine believes that women should be valued for their accomplishments as opposed to their weight/appearance. Lean Cuisine's new brand campaign Feed Your PhenomenalTM reflects its new brand purpose: to feed the greatness in every woman. Check out our bloggers' posts and see how they measure their true worth plus learn how you could win a $100. Read more
Most Popular on Work/Life
Recent Comments on Work/Life