Top 10 designers, street looks, and trends of 2012
By SadeeSays on December 16, 2012
As 2012 comes to a roaring halt, lets take a look back into the hottest jewelry and fashion trends of this year. We saw everything from feminine chic shapes to layers upon layers of bad ass leather, either way the trends were off the charts being seen everywhere from runway to street style.
Here’s a little recap on some of the best designers, street looks, and trends we saw over this past year.
1. Baroque: Western European hit the Dolce & Gabanna Runway with full force this Fall and might even be here to stay for Spring 2013.
2. Collars and Bibs: This huge hit started out as a just metal tips on collars and broadened to a world of thick tribal metal collars and gorgeously embellished bibs that we STILL just cant get enough of.Sadee Says is going strong with the best collection from designers such as Holst+Lee, Toi Et Moi, Rocks Paper Metal, Anna Thaler, Bita Pourtavoosi, Frisk Li-Da and Nicole Meng.
3. Gothic: We saw this trend in makeup styling especially by the talented Bekah Jenkins. Not to mention the immense inspiration it had on knee high boots and clothing designs seen mostly in Versace.
4. Patterned Trousers: As seen on 3.1 Philip Lim’s Runway and Fashion icon Olivia Palermo, as always has the hottest look with her patterned trousers as the perfect addition to her everyday blazer and pumps. What a sexy twist on the plain ‘ol everyday trouser!
5. Peplum: This feminine trend was seen at runway shows such as Jason Wu in both tops to skirts all season long and I have a feeling its here to stay for Spring in softer fabrics and colors!
6. Bohemian: Oh yes, the Sadee Says Jewelry and Accessories trademark hippie essence! Bohemian just never gets old to us no matter what the season. Prints, flowing dresses, big floppy hats, really really cool jewelry such as our new line by Li-Da; this is a trend that’s here to stay and we are so very happy about it. If Rachel Zoe is rockin it, then you KNOW its going to be HOT!
7. Leather: Gucci and Celine showed us many looks of leather over the past year. Colored leather skirts, jackets and pants were strutting around all over the streets of New York, LA, Paris, Milan and Hong Kong. The most eye-catching aspect was the different shapes each designer played with. The pencil skirt was most interesting addition to the closet.
8. Floral: Yes, McQueen did this trend well for Fall in head to toe floral dresses and even embroidered shoes and his trademark clutch with a botanical frenzy covering it.
9. Metallic: Balmain leaves me speechless every time. The Embroidery and jewelry inspired use of metallics for his line this past Fall STILL has me drooling.
10. Colored Fur: We have been obsessed with Fendi’s AMAZING colored fur seen on their runway show. Its bohemian flair especially caught our eye as one of the greatest parts, aside from fresh color and super sexiness. But Emilio Pucci wins best fur clad sandal for 2012 in my book!
So, thats the recap on what WAS hot for this past year of 2012! Stay tuned for next week when we look ahead into 2013.
More Like This
Recent Posts by SadeeSays
Most Popular on BlogHer
UPDATE: Human Trafficking Hits Close to Home For One Blogger: 14-Year-Old Jewel Fitzgerald Has Been Found
Most Popular on Fashion
Recent Comments on Fashion