Top 10 things to help you heal from a failed relationship
By ClarissaNYC on September 21, 2013
First, I’d like to thank all of my followers and readers. I am extremely grateful for your support. Many of you I have cried, laughed, cheered, and ranted with. Most of all I feel like we have gotten to a better place together.
When you are not in a relationship, getting over a relationship/divorce, the holidays can be a challenging time of the year. Each relationship we go through really teaches us about what we need or what we needed to overcome to set you up for a healthy relationship. If you’re currently struggling to get over a relationship, there are a few things you can think about to help overcome some of the pain associated with the break-up.
1. Think about the things that lead you to that relationship in the first place.
2. Think about the things that attracted you to the person.
3. Think about what you were looking for before you got into the relationship.
4. Think about the fears you may have had before you got into the relationship.
5. Think about the things you felt before you got into the relationship.
6. What did the person make you feel about yourself?
7. What did they respond to within you?
8. What did you experience that you hadn’t experienced before?
9. Did you see yourself with the person before you met them?
10. Did you date someone out of your character?
Once you have identified the reasons for some of these questions, you’ll have the answers to help propel you to the next relationship. Sometimes, we keep carrying unnecessary burdens into new relationships. You possess the answers to all that you are feeling; you just have to look at the situation from a different angle. The answers are all within you. You can harm or heal yourself. Returning to the point of who you were before the relationship; puts you in a place of empowerment rather than psychological persecution. It’s within understanding the unhealthy relationships that we find ourselves and gets us closer to a healthy relationship.
More Like This
Recent Posts by ClarissaNYC
Most Popular on BlogHer
Michelin wants to remind drivers that whether or not your first (or current!) car is in the best condition, your tires should be. The MICHELIN Premier LTX provides exceptional levels of safety even as tires wear down, making them safe when new and safe when worn*. Even when worn, the MICHELIN Premier LTX still stops shorter on wet roads than leading competitors’ new tires. Read our bloggers' posts as they talk about their #FirstCarMoments plus get a chance to win a set of Michelin tires! Read more