Top 10 things to stop doing right now
By ClarissaNYC on November 14, 2012
1. Don’t think that people will change.
2. Don’t settle. In every person you encounter you gain something. Focus on what you gained, instead of what you were disappointed with. Use that list to carry you into the next relationship.
3. Don’t think that people aren’t satisfied with what they are or their circumstances. People structure their lives the way they want. When you join someone’s life it either works or it doesn’t.
4. Don’t get caught up in someone else’s drama. Follow your gut. If you hesitate about something, it is usually something you should avoid.
5. Don’t help people that don’t deserve it. It could be that you are enabling something or your caught up in their lies.
6. Don’t live your life for others. Find the things you enjoy doing, enjoy those things, enjoy who you are and where you are in life.
7. Don’t lose your sense of self. The person you were when you met is what attracted the person in the first place.
8. Don’t look for someone’s potential. Focus on what and who they are in the present.
9. Don’t be someone for someone else.
10. Delete the need to understand. Sometimes we really don’t know the reasons why things worked out the way they did. Relying on a source outside yourself to understand why you feel hurt can lead you to persecute yourself. Sometimes people might not be completely honest with themselves and aren’t ready to be honest with you or can’t be honest with you. The best thing to do is just recognize that it’s over or the person is not going to call or the person doesn’t want to be in your life and that’s ok. You lost nothing. You will drive yourself crazy trying to figure out what the other person was about, said, did, etc.
More Like This
Recent Posts by ClarissaNYC
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on NaBloPoMo
Recent Comments on NaBloPoMo
By Laurel Regan
By Mary Burris