Top 10 tips for a perfect look
By fashionistamomma on February 07, 2014
I want to share my Top 10 tips for a perfect look. So, it's Saturday you are standing in front of your full closet thinking you have nothing to wear. How is that possible with all these clothes hanging in front of you that you have nothing to wear. As you look through you think, this item doesn't fit, this one is faded, I don't really like this shirt and the list goes on and on. Here is where this Top 10 tips for a perfect look will come in handy.
1. Clean out your closet once a year. Go through and pull out anything that doesn't fit, is faded, ripped or you haven't warn in the past year. If you didn't wear it this year chances are you won't wear it next year. Take everything you don't want or need and donate it.
2. Take a picture of your closet on your phone. I do a couple shoes, purses, bottoms, tops and accessories. I keep it on my phone so when I am out shopping I can look at what I have. Before I buy something I do two things one make sure I don't already have something similar, and two make sure I have choices to go with the item.
3. Always keep go to basics in your closet. White collared shirt, slacks, go to jeans (I lean towards skinny jeans but, for most body types I would recommend straight leg), solid skirt pencil or a-line, printed skirt, blazer, camisole in white and black, crew neck sweater, printed shirt, dressy evening shirt, printed casual dress, cardigan, leather jacket and of course a LBD (little black dress) this is my shortened list you can find another great list here.
4. ALWAYS try things on.
5. Tailor items to fit your body. Don't wear something that doesn't fit!!
6. Buy accessories. They can make an outfit. If you are on a budget buy from Forever 21 or H&M and use clear lacquer to keep the jewelry from discoloring. It totally works.
7. Buy clothes that make you feel good about yourself NOT what you think people want you to wear.
8. Buy the book "Color me confident" and read it.
9. Always wear makeup. I am a firm believer in Carmindy's (What Not to Wear) 5 minute face. Before I even watched her on the show I was doing the 5 minute face. It literally can be done in no time at all and can completely change your face. This typically includes a brightener, foundation, concealer, powder, eyeliner, blush, highlighter, mascara, and lipgloss.
10. Finally always wear smile. Be happy, Be proud and love your life.
The Fashionista Momma
More Like This
Recent Posts by fashionistamomma
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Lisa Stone